Committed to Excellence
5 Programs Exist Within The KNOX Project
- COVID-19 RESPONSE PROGRAM
- PROTECT & RESPECT PROGRAM
- CULTURE CLUB PROGRAM
- KP STATS & SOLUTIONS PROGRAM
- KP – AP (THE KNOX PROJECT AWARENESS PROGRAM)
It is a program that goes out to high schools and colleges to teach minority youth about police interactions.
- Examines soft interactions between minority youth and law enforcement.
- Teach youth how to identify an escalating interaction and how to help to deescalate the situation properly.
- Allow officers to share their plight with minority teens, and provide the WHY, WHEN, and WHERE insight to questions that the youth may or not knew; for the youth to better understand the officer’s plight.
Protect & Respect
It is an off duty program for officers
- It allows officers to gather confidentially to receive sensitivity training.
- Learn deescalating techniques
- Learn more about the minority youth culture
- While allowing each officer to speak freely in a confidential setting
- Interviews officers while they are on duty (has interviewed over 2,300 officers while they were on duty)
- Has a separate session that allows for members of the community to come in and have a conversation with willing officers on ways to better help the community and build better relations between the two
Covid-19 Response Program
- Gives out free masks in poor and underprivileged communities
- Gives out the latest CDC updates in said communities
- Gives information on when and where vaccines will be available in their area
KP Stats & Solutions
It is a program with a research and troubleshooting department, which takes all of the information gathered over the 3 years of the foundation’s existence and uses it to help police departments and policymakers create better policies and police practices.
- Gathers information from officers that are being interviewed on the beat. (So far, over 1,500 in Chicago + 840 offices within the surrounding suburbs).
- Gathers information from minority communities and teens all around the Chicagoland area. (Has served over 2M+ and interviewed over 200,000+ to date).
- Monitor areas that accumulate more escalated interactions: Note the non-related details like SEASON, HOUR OF THE DAY, WHEATHER, DAY OF THE WEEK, NEWS, ETC.
- Monitor areas that have less escalated interactions and note the differences.
- This team gathers all types of statistical data and can present concrete solutions to these issues
- Has been gathering intel and statistical data for three years in Chicago and the surrounding suburbs.
KPAP: The Knox Project Awareness Program
This program teaches youth awareness on a variety of issues.
- Educates youth on violations of the law that they may not have been aware of.
- Educates on the dangers of DISTRACTED DRIVING, driving infractions, and encourages young adults on safe driving.
- Educates on BULLYING/ CYBER-BULLYING, ASSAULTS, and INTERNET CRIMES
- Educates youth on Mental Health and how to detect it
- Also, encourage those with mental health issues to seek Health assistance.
1300 Minority Youth
1500+ Active Law
100% Respect and
Protection on Both Sides